This post may contain affiliate links.
If you are looking to get more traffic to your website, you need social media. That’s what every “blogger about blogging” will tell you. If you look at the figures Instagram provides us, these bloggers have a point. Instagram has over 500 million active users on Instagram. Daily!
Me personally? I love it. Instagram is easy and fun, and interacting with other users seems more real. I miss my scrapbook friends on IG when they haven’t posted in a couple of days! But Instagram also means you have to post fresh and fun content on a regular base to be seen and to gain followers.
And, of course, if you’re a blogger or shop owner you don’t always have the time to think about your next post. You might think it’s an idea to start posting photos of your dog or food if you have no more ideas, but don’t!
Stay connected with your niche
Keep your Instagram posts related to your website/blog topic. If you’re a mommy blogger, of course, you can post pictures of your children or a party or even photos where you’re showing your new garden. But if you are a font designer, your followers wouldn’t expect family pictures on an Instagram account, but more work related posts. For example, a quote made with your latest font.
Even without all the personal stuff, you can come up with lots of Instagram worthy content!
10 Instagram post ideas
1. Show where you work. What is your workplace? Do you have a dedicated room or even a studio? What is your view when you are working? How do you organize your workspace?
2. Which supplies do you need? For example, If you paint, show the paint you use, the mess you make and paintings that are work in progress.
3. Quotes. Everyone loves quotes! And the fun part is, there are even packages you can buy with awesome quotes already ready for Instagram.
4. Keep your followers up to date! Show news regarding your shop or your products. Did you add anything in your Etsy shop? Did you use new supplies? Painted your workspace? Everything that gives your followers more information about your brand and what it stands for.
5. Do you travel a lot? To and from your work? Take the train? Show bits and pieces of how you travel.
6. Testimonials. Sometimes you get a testimonial from a customer. Whether it is on Facebook, or on Etsy, it doesn’t matter. Share this testimonial and thank the customer! (don’t provide his or her full name).
7. Share your love for another crafter/business owner/entrepreneur. This is an easy one, there are so many creative and amazing people out there!
8. Giveaway. If you create your own products, do a giveaway. It might not always gain you dedicated followers, but it will give your brand more awareness. If you don’t create your own products, combine this post with a sponsored post on your blog and use this product for the giveaway
9. Show your product. Use a mockup template and show your product. You can find several mockup templates here.
10. Instagram Stories: a perfect way to show a personal touch. I love to watch people show their workspaces, their surroundings, their Project Life Album etc.
And my last message to you is, don’t forget to have fun on Instagram! Engage with your followers, and connect with other creative Instagrammers. Social media is all about being social!
10 very useful Instagram Quotes, ready to use!
If you need a bit of help, there are social media packs available with quotes for every niche!
Girl Boss Social Media Quotes Pack
2983 Social Media Quotes BUNDLE
1250+ Social Media Quotes
New Year Quote Bundle
Animated Instant Life Quotes
Instagram Social Media Quotes
Adventure & Travel Instagram Quotes
by Bold Leap Creative
3010 Instagram Editable Quotes